Trim Down Shape Up is a free fitness and health service for men in Ashton, Leigh and Wigan. Our fitness coaches will support you to take charge of your health, get fitter and shift excess pounds!
How does it work?
You will receive 12 weeks of free activity sessions, each lasting 1 hour 30 minutes, with like-minded men who are looking to get fitter, stronger and leaner. The fitness sessions will include circuits, touch rugby, dodgeball, football and other team games.
Don’t worry if you haven’t exercised in years, or whether you are a regular gym goer looking for a bit of healthy eating advice, we will have a session suited for you with a coach who will tailor the activities for your ability.
As well as exercise, we will also give you handy and realistic advice on how to fuel your fitness plan. We will not tell you to stop drinking, or to cut out your favourite foods but will give you handy tips on how to shift excess pounds.
Who can join?
The sessions are open to;
- Men aged 18+ who have a BMI of 25-39.9
- are resident in the Wigan Borough;
- or registered with a Wigan Borough GP;
- or are employed in a workplace registered with the programme
- Calculate your BMI with the NHS BMI calculator (external link). Once you have checked your BMI and if it is over 25 please ring our Access Hub on 01942 496496 for further details and for children ring 01942 828812.
- Call: 01942 496 496 quoting Trim Down Shape Up
- Text: 'FIT and YOUR NAME' to 60777
The Lose Weight Feel Great team tailor services to suit your health needs call today on 01942 496496 to enrol. (Local call charges apply. The Lose Weight Feel Great telephone line is open 10.00am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday.)