Renting a home

Rent from Wigan Council

To rent a property from Wigan Council (including new build properties) you will need to apply to join the housing register.

Rent from a housing association

To rent a property through one of the borough's housing associations (including new build properties) you can either apply to join the housing register or apply directly to the housing associations.

You could apply to:

The council has nomination rights with housing associations, where we nominate applicants from the Housing Register for homes that become available for letting. You need to be on the Housing Register in order to be nominated for properties that become available.

Homes for older people

There are a number of housing options in the borough built specifically with older people in mind.

Rent privately

You could also rent a property from a private landlord.


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council