Our interactive sessions are essential training for anyone working in a customer-facing environment, and any organisation that wishes to ensure that their services are accessible and inclusive for all their customers.
- A broad overview of disabilities (including sensory, learning disability, acquired brain injury and mental health)
- A greater understanding of the issues surrounding these disabilities and an increase in confidence of staff
- Practical advice and information on best practice for communicating with individuals with disabilities.
We ensure our training is inclusive and always have a person with a disability as a co-trainer.
- Increase your understanding about people with a disability, across a range of disabilities
- Understand the key day-to-day issues facing people with disabilities and how best to support them and their families and carers
- Increase your confidence in your interactions with people with disabilities, including having a greater awareness of how best to communicate with people who have sensory impairments, and those who may not use verbal language
- Identify the major pieces of legislation relevant to people with disabilities.
Delivery and cost
- The training is held at various locations in Wigan Borough and takes place throughout the year. We can offer training sessions for up to 12 people - you can contact us for the next dates
- Alternatively, we can deliver this training to a group in-house and tailor the training to your needs.
- Contact us to discuss your requirements and the cost of training.