Our interactive sessions are essential training for anyone working in a customer-facing environment, and any organisation that wishes to ensure that their services are accessible and inclusive for all their customers.
- A broad overview of disabilities (including sensory, learning disability, acquired brain injury and mental health)
- A greater understanding of the issues surrounding these disabilities and an increase in confidence of staff
- Practical advice and information on best practice for communicating with individuals with disabilities.
We ensure our training is inclusive and always have a person with a disability as a co-trainer.
- Increase your understanding about people with a disability, across a range of disabilities
- Understand the key day-to-day issues facing people with disabilities and how best to support them and their families and carers
- Increase your confidence in your interactions with people with disabilities, including having a greater awareness of how best to communicate with people who have sensory impairments, and those who may not use verbal language
- Identify the major pieces of legislation relevant to people with disabilities.
Delivery and cost
- The training is held at various locations in Wigan Borough and takes place throughout the year. We can offer training sessions for up to 12 people. Please contact us for the next dates.
- Alternatively, we can deliver this training to a group in-house and tailor the training to your needs.
- Please contact us to discuss your requirements and the cost of training.