A Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP) is a partnership approach to tackling underage drinking and related anti-social behaviour. Developed within local communities, a CAP brings together everyone with an interest in challenging underage drinking, in a co-ordinated effort to tackle the issues collectively.
A CAP has been established in Hindley and Hindley Green where partners are working together to:
- Train and support local retailers
- Provide help and information for young people, parents and communities
- Target adults who supply alcohol to young people
- Share information between partners
Hindley CAP partners include:
- Wigan Council,
- Greater Manchester Police,
- Alcohol Services,
- Alcohol Retailers,
- the Community.
If you have any information relating to the supply of alcohol to young people or street drinking, please contact the police on 101 or Trading Standards on 01942 827476.