Displaying 1 to 57 of 57
Fun activities and events for autumn with advice and tips for staying safe, especially around Halloween and bonfire night.
Disability, illness or frailty means that many adults are vulnerable and at risk of abuse - if you have concerns please report it.
Making sure children feel safe and cared for. If you are worried about the welfare of a child - report it!
You need a permit to erect a scaffold or hoarding on the public highway.
Apply for a place at primary, secondary and nursery schools in Wigan Borough or appeal a decision.
Working with children to help them improve their attendance.
Information for school governors, along with how to apply to become a governor and the availability for training.
Search for a school in your area or select a school from a map of the borough.
Free school meals and the council's catering services provided by MetroFresh.
Find a school, admissions, term dates, attendance, governors, travel, exclusions, educational trips and information for newly qualified teachers.
Helping schools support teaching and learning, specialising in literacy, history and promoting reading for pleasure.
Every council has a schools' forum, that an LEA has to consult with on all financial matters affecting schools.
Helping schools to strengthen the inclusion of young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Get a site licence or collector's licence to carry out business as a scrap metal dealer.
The scrutiny committee holds the council accountable for its decisions and ensures it sticks to policy and budget.
Applying for a secondary school place for September 2017.
Understand the types of custom and self-build housing and further advice and support.
How to sell to us, including business tendering opportunities and terms and conditions.
Childcare providers and children centres in the borough.
Information for parents, professionals and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Providing information, advice and support to children with special educational needs and disabilities.
To operate a sexual entertainment venue, a sex shop or a sex cinema you will need a licence.
It's important to pay attention to your sexual health, whether you are in a long term relationship or not.
Help and support for sexual health for young people.
Local people providing friendship, respite and activities for adults who need support due to disability, age or illness.
Map of Sheltered Accommodation Schemes
List of organisations that provide short breaks for young people with disabilities.
Our skilled sign makers can make all kinds of signs from road traffic to safety signs and corporate branding.
You need to register with us and get a permit to put a builder's skip on a road.
Report offensive smells and odours to us.
Report complaints and enquiries about smoke and fumes from bonfires, chimneys and industrial premises.
Determine whether or not your house is in a smoke control area.
If you are having difficulties with undertaking everyday tasks you may be able to get help with care and support.
Information on the records we keep and how you can arrange to see your records if you want to.
Information for parents, professionals and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We can provide assistance with transport from home to school for children with special educational needs.
Keeping fit - Our leisure centres and swimming pools have sport and fitness activities to help all ages and abilities.
Apply for safety certificate for sports grounds.
Start Well Family Centres provide activities and services for children under five and their families.
Health services that schools can access to help and support pupils.
Starting Point Plus can refer you for help with a wide range of services for older people across Wigan borough.
Statement of accounts 2015/16
Find out about the council's strategies on various topics.
The council's cleansing team are responsible for a regular programme of street and pavement cleaning.
Tell us about a fault with a street light.
Apply for a new address, what's the process for getting an address, postcodes and street name plates.
From giving your house a name, to how we choose street names and how to check a postcode.
If you want to sell or offer for sale any article (including a living thing) in the street you may require a street trading consent.
Guide to the standards which Environmental Health Officers expect to find on premises where sunbeds and solaria are used as part of the business.
Send an invoice, check if we received it, change your bank details and find out about our payment terms.
Services available to advise and support older people, including Starting Point Plus, the Good Traders Scheme and more.
How to get help if you care for a relative or friend with a disability or illness.
Table showing the levels of need (low, medium and high) criteria for children with disabilities.
Services to help young people with a range of things, including health, education and employment.
Professional employment and training provider, securing paid employment opportunities for people who have a disability.
What supported living is, housing options, benefits and managing you money, transition from child to adult and more
Keeping fit - Our leisure centres and swimming pools have sport and fitness activities to help all ages and abilities.
Displaying 1 to 57 of 57

Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council