Report a change in circumstances

If you are already receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you must tell us about a change in your circumstances.

The forms below are provided if you need to give us additional information to complete your application.

Forms to give us more information
Backdate request We usually only pay benefit from the time you apply. However, under certain circumstances we can go back for a maximum of 1 month (effective from 1st April 2016)
Child Care Costs If you pay for childcare from a registered provider, you may be able to get more help towards your rent and/or Council Tax 
Self Employed If you work for yourself you will need to provide your latest profit and loss accounts or complete this form
Local Housing Allowance (rent arrears) To be completed if a tenant has 8 weeks of rent arrears or more and you want to request payments are made directly to the landlord
Local Housing Allowance (payments to landlord) In most cases payment will be made direct to the tenant and it is their responsibility to pay the rent to the landlord. We recognise that some people may struggle with this responsibility and help is available
Property Interest Form If you own a property, we may have asked you to provide some information to help us assess your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council