Wigan and Leigh Register Office can issue birth, death and marriage and civil partnership certificates registered between 1837 to the present day, for Wigan and Leigh only.
What information do I need to provide?
You will be required to provide:
- Name of deceased/name at birth/name at marriage
- Exact year the event took place
- Exact date if you have this.
Fees for certificates
You can order a certificate via the express or standard service
- Express service - £20 per certificate which will be posted out within 24 hours, first class (the fee includes a £10 administration charge for producing your certificate).
- Standard service - £12 per certificate which is posted out within 3 working days (the fee includes a £2 administration fee for producing your certificate)
How to order
Same day service
There is a 2 hour collection service available Monday to Friday, 9am - 3pm for certificates. This service is only available if you attend in person at Wigan Life Centre North and costs £30 per certificate, payable when ordered (the fee includes a £20 administration fee for producing your certificate).
Further help researching your family history can be found at Wigan Archives and Local Studies.