If you live in a domestic property, are a council tenant or live in privately rented accommodation, we can provide advice and treatment if you have a problem with insect pests or vermin. We will visit you and carry out a full assessment and then treatment of your pest problem to eradicate the pests.

If you are a business and require pest control for commercial properties and schools, please see our Pest control for businesses page.

Please see the pest control guidance which includes the details of the pests we deal with:

  • Ants
  • Australian Spider Beetle   
  • Biscuit Beetle also known as the Bread Beetle
  • Bed Bugs
  • Carpet Beetle & larvae (woolly bears)
  • Cockroaches
  • Fleas
  • Flying insects
  • Mice
  • Rats
  • Wasps

We do not provide treatments for bees. If we visit your property and identify that the pests are bees there will be no refunds.

There are other pests that we do not treat but provide guidance for.


Our fees include all materials needed to carry out the treatment required, there are no additional costs. We also offer you free advice as part of your treatment to prevent further pest infestations.

No refunds will be given for cancelled appointments. 

Domestic charges 2016/17
PestNumber of visitsPrices
(including VAT)
Rats outside 2 £64.31
Rats inside 3 £91.87
Mice 3 £91.87
Cockroaches 3 £91.87
Wasp 1 £36.31
Ants 1 £36.31
Fleas 1 £49.00
Bed Bugs - Requires 2 operatives 1 £98.00
Flying insects 1 £49.00
Unknown pest - identification only, no treatment 1 £36.31
Unknown rodents - inside only 3 £91.87

Council tenants have the costs for all pest control treatments covered within their rent charge. Rent reference number required.

Book a pest control treatment

We carry out treatments by appointment only, please contact us to book an appointment.

The Pest Control Officer can arrive at any time between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Please ensure an adult is present at the property and that the relevant preparatory work has taken place.

Fees are payable at the time of booking. Council tenants will need to provide a rent reference number when booking the appointment. 


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council