Animal movement

Licensing is in place which controls the movement of a range of animals including sheep, pigs and cows.

The conditions which apply to these movements vary depending on the type of animal, the type of trip and the destination. These are constantly being altered so it is important to keep up to date with the latest conditions when applying for a licence, which you can do through the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (external link) website.

In Wigan Borough, you must apply for a licence through Lancashire County Council (external link).


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council