We have prepared an Employment Land Position Statement which sets out the borough’s employment land supply as of April 2018 and forms a key part of the borough’s evidence base for planning.
The position statement has been updated in January 2019 to reflect the Revised Draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF) 2019.
The position statement:
- Sets out what the Draft 2015 Employment Land Review did and where it was left
- Reports on recent take-up and losses of available employment land and employment development, as of April 2018
- Reports on the long term trend of loss of employment land to housing development
- Reports on the quality and quantity of available employment land in Wigan Borough
- Summarises the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework and its implications for the supply of employment land
- Provides an update on regional scale employment development opportunities in neighbouring districts
- Summarises the reasons why there is a need to widen the portfolio of employment sites in the borough to attract and help generate significant investment in businesses and jobs within the borough.