For more help in using MyAccount for each service please choose below:
MyAccount registration instruction guide
An instruction guide has been produced to help you register for MyAccount services.
Why do I need to register for MyAccount?
As part of The Deal we are asking residents to get online and sign up for MyAccount. Using our services online will save you time and money and you can contact us in your own time.
What will I need?
You will need an email address. Find out how to create an email account if you don't have one already.
You must not use temporary email addresses like Dispostable, Yopmail or Mailinator as we only respond to secure email addresses like Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo etc.
How do I register?
Registering for an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes all you need to get started is an email address.
- Go to create account and complete the fields.
- You will then be sent an email to activate your MyAccount.
- Once activated, you can log in, then immediately register for the services listed below.
If we have set up your account for you all you need to do is verify your account:
- Take note of the 4 digit pass code you would have received from a Wigan Council advisor
- You would have received a email with a temporary password use this password to login for the first time
- When you first log in you will be asked for your 4 digit passcode, enter this and then you will be promoted to change your password and create a secret answer and question
Do I need to live in Wigan to have a MyAccount?
No you do not need to live in Wigan. If you live outside the borough you can still create a MyAccount to access some of our online services.
What services are available online?
By registering for MyAccount you will be able to securely access the following range of council services:
- View your Council Tax details, set up a direct debit, make payments, apply for discounts and amend address details online
- Make a Housing Benefit or free school meals application and complete a change of circumstances online
- Wigan and Leigh Homes tenants will move over from the current My Council service to view rent statements and make payments.
- Registrars services - Book an appointment online to register a birth or death or book your notice of marriage or wedding ceremony and more.
- Report an environmental problem such as graffiti or fly tipping
- Apply for the Wigan and Leigh Homes housing register.
What if I don't get an email to activate my online account?
If you do not receive an email to allow you to activate your account, check that the email hasn’t gone directly into your ‘spam or junk’ folder. If not, register to create a MyAccount again. If this does not work contact us.
I am having trouble logging in
To log in you will need to use the email address and password that you entered when you created your account.
The first time you log in, you must activate your account by clicking on the link in the email that we sent you when you created your account.
I have forgotten my password
You can reset your password. You will be asked to enter the answer to your secret question when you registered your account. You can change your password on the MyAccount home screen by clicking on 'reset password'. You will then be asked to enter your email address.
I have forgotten my password and the answer to my secret question
Contact us and we will help you to reset your account.
I no longer have access to the email address I used to create MyAccount
You can create a new account using a different email address, and register again for the services which you would like to view. You can contact us and provide your old email address and we can deactivate your account.
How do I report a problem?
If you experience any problems with the tasks listed below or need help with your online use, please contact us and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Help and support
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, use the contact us option to let us know and we will respond to you as soon as we can.