Help and support for schools with environmental issues
- Help with setting up recycling facilities in school
- Advice on how to reduce your school's waste
- Assemblies and lessons with Waste Warrior and Scoop mascots
- Advice and support on linking in with the wider community (local residents, community groups and businesses)
- Support with carrying out litter picks.
- Help setting up as an eco-school
- Advice and support on how to progress
- Support with eco-days, events and campaigns
- Support with identifying funding opportunities
- Regular updates in the eco-school newsletter
- Links to other partners on eco-school topics including waste, energy and healthy living.
Several schools have already supported Wigan Council’s ‘Bin it Right’ campaign, to get residents putting the right items in their brown recycling bins. Here is how you can help to support the campaign.
Recycling messages may be prominent in school but are they taken home to parents? Whatever you are already recycling, often by making a few small changes there are lots of ways you can recycle more and get your school excited about recycling.
To get involved visit Recycle Now (external link) for ideas on what you can recycle in school. You can also contact the education officers for advice or educational visits for your school.
Free resources for schools